Ponds Inc. of Illinois
Fish/Koi Pond Design Contractor - Installation & Maintenance Services
Serving St Charles, Geneva, Chicagoland-Illinois-IL
Backyard-KOI Pond Installation
Backyard Fish Pond Construction
Whether your St Charles, Geneva, Kane County, Illinois or Chicagoland area home is on a city lot or an expansive country locale, we have a pond or water garden option available to fit. Deciding to add a fish or KOI pond is the first step to incorporating a quiet retreat or a beautiful place to entertain guests in the St Charles, Geneva, Kane County, Illinois & Chicagoland area. There are many other things to consider.
We Install Ecosystem Ponds
In order to have a successful water gardening experience, you must think systematically and understand the critical role of each ingredient in Mother Nature's recipe.
• The fish nibble on the plant life (and everything else), including the algae.
• In turn, the fish produce waste that, along with other forms of natural debris, fall to the pond's bottom.
• Debris is broken down by the aerobic bacteria and the other microorganisms colonized on the rocks and gravel all over the pond bottom.
• Once broken down, these substances are absorbed as nutrition by the plants.
• The plants grow and are once again nibbled on by the fish ... 'round and 'round it goes, infinitely.
So, in a naturally balanced water garden, you have this never-ending aquatic circle of life where all parts complement the others and play critical roles in the pond's natural born harmony.
Another factor to include when planning your St. Charles, Illinois or Chicagoland area pond are the maintenance requirements. Assessing your availability of time and desire to maintain plantings and fish, versus a low-maintenance pond is important. Other factors are, our climate here in Kane County, Illinois, size, style (formal or informal), water flow, and whether to include a waterfall and electricity access for powering a pump. There are also safety considerations, such as electrical and preventing access to small children.