Ecosystem Fish/Koi Pond Design, Installation & Maintenance Services Contractor
Salt Lake City, Sandy, & Wasatch County, Utah (UT)
Backyard-KOI Pond Installation
Backyard Fish Pond Construction
Take pond advice from a Master Pond builder, maintenance & repair contractor, Living Artscapes Inc., ecosystem ponds can be easy to understand if you have a good grasp of what components go into a basic, functioning ecosystem. An ecosystem pond built in the Salt Lake & Wasatch County, (UT) area works with Mother Nature to provide food, shelter, and safety to the wildlife around it. Contact us today to learn more about having an ecosystem pond installed in your backyard!
We Install The Aquascape Ecosystem
It also provides you with an all-natural, low-maintenance piece of paradise. It’s important to remember, however, that every piece of the ecosystem puzzle must be present in order for a true ecosystem to be in place. Eliminate one of these elements and you’ve got an unbalanced ecosystem that won’t be so low-maintenance anymore.
In order to have a successful water gardening experience, you must think systematically and understand the critical role of each ingredient in Mother Nature's recipe.
• The fish nibble on the plant life (and everything else), including the algae.
• In turn, the fish produce waste that, along with other forms of natural debris, fall to the pond's bottom.
• Debris is broken down by the aerobic bacteria and the other microorganisms colonized on the rocks and gravel all over the pond bottom.
• Once broken down, these substances are absorbed as nutrition by the plants.
• The plants grow and are once again nibbled on by the fish ... 'round and 'round it goes, infinitely.
So, in a naturally balanced water garden, you have this never-ending aquatic circle of life where all parts complement the others, and play critical roles in the Salt Lake & surrounding area, pond's natural born harmony.